Securing Smart Cities International Conference Third Edition, June 02, 2022
The Securing Smart Cities International Conference aims to popularize the concept of Cyber Security in relation to Smart Cities. The conference follows the long series of Smart Cities events that the Faculty of Public Administration started ten years ago, events in which concerns about privacy and security, and how they have the power to influence the lives of citizens, began to be expressed more and more often - often with very heated debates.
The participation invitation is addressed to specialists and researchers from all domains of social and humanist disciplines, from political science, communication, legal science, medical science, European integration studies, sociology, to architecture, economy, computer science, cybernetics and many others. It brings together representatives of governments, intergovernmental organisations, private sector, technical community, academia and civil society, with the aim to facilitate multistakeholder discussions, exchanges and collaboration on Smart Cities related issues.
Securing Smart Cities Conference objectives
- Raise awareness and promote a better understanding of the Smart Cities Security concept among stakeholders.
- Build and strengthen the capacity of these stakeholders to actively participate in national, regional and international Smart Cities developing process.
- Facilitate multistakeholder discussions, exchanges and collaboration on Smart Cities Security related issues that are of particular concern for stakeholders.
Participants interventions will primarily focus on the following aspects, but will not be limited only to these ones: citizen safety, cyber management, information sabotage, fake news, (personal) data security. The list may also include ongoing researches and case studies on cybercrimes, data leaks, face recognition challenges and opportunities and IoT risks.
Presentations, as well as the Q&A sessions, will be delivered in English.
There is no participation fee.
The National University of Political Studies and Public Administration (SNSPA),
Online on Webex platform – the link to the event will be provided a day before.
- Dr. Catalin VRABIE, SNSPA, Bucharest;
- Dr. Parvin NEGINRAZ, Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Romania.
Conference room: https://snspa.webex.com/meet/sala.zece
Web address: https://www.smart-edu-hub.eu/events/conferences/12-ssc03/43-about-ssc03-2022
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/smartcitieshub